Sunday, May 29, 2011

LA: Its so hard to say Goodbye!


Last night, my wonderful mother hosted a "Send Off Cook Out" to celebrate my leaving and to allow my friends and family to have one last hoo-rah before I leave for Cali. I was so grateful to have so many of my closest friends and family members come out and support me. What I thought was going to be a small gathering ended up being a fun night with fabulous food and and even better friends! The night started off with people mingling and chatting it up, followed by the consumption of my dad's yummy BBQ (and my moms famous baked beans of course). Then we got into all the sappy stuff initiated by none other, than the hostess doing the "most-ess" A.K.A (well DST rather) my Mother! After a short speech informing everyone of my future plans...She proceeded to put my innocent guests on the spot. Despite the extreme awkwardness lol, my friends and family gave words of wisdom, advice, their blessings, and encouragement. Even Rob FAME (my bro) stood up and said a couple of words-and even got teary eyed. After all the congratulatory speeches, I managed to get pics with most of my guests. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a wonderful time all while watching the sunset over the reservoir (I'll miss the view but I heard the ones in Cali are pretty too). Overall it was a huge success and I truly and sincerely appreciate everyone coming out to support me and I will honestly miss everyone sooooo much. It definitely makes me feel loved. And the gifts weren't half bad either ;). It was a wonderful way to commence my time in MS and and start my new beginning in LA!
xoxo- Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment