Friday, June 3, 2011

NYC: Fashion Internship Preparation

Well Its finally June, and my internship starts June 13th. So what have I been doing to prepare myself?
A few things.

1. Working and Saving. Going from Mississippi prices to New York prices is going to be a bit of a change, so saving money is important.

2. Trend watching! I have been checking fashion blogs, magazines and websites for whats hot and whats not. I'm training my mind to stay fashion focused!

3. Sketching! During my under-graduated years at MSU, I didn't spend much time sketching and drawing. I spend more time studying for test and stressing over assignments. So now that I'm done with classes, I have more time to practice fashion sketching.
4.Career Research. One thing I love to do is search youtube for "Day in the Life" videos. I want to prepare myself mentally for the reality of the working world. There are so many real life interviews from designers and fashion industry workers that give insite on what is to be expected when working in the fashion industry.
HERE ONE OF MY FAVORITE: http://www.stylecaster.com/video/119/a-day-in-the-life-stacey-bendet 

5. Tech Practice. Photoshop and Illustrator are the buzz words for fashion designing, so I have been watching and reading tutorial to learn all I can about these programs before I arrive.


Besides that, I have been enjoying the summer sun with friends and family before I have to leave them behind to chase my dreams.

-AmandaJane aka TheCoolest

No comments:

Post a Comment