Monday, June 13, 2011

NYC: Day One !!(^0^)!!

Well... today was the first day of what is turning out to be a great experience! This summer I am interning for The Jones Group as a design intern. The staff and other interns were extremely nice. I got a chance to meet some amazing executives and designers and some of the most beautiful showrooms. I feel extremely fortunate to have this opportunity and experience. Day one was mostly orientation, but the vibe of the company is lively and it seems like a great place to learn the industry.

Here are a few area views from our 36th floor window. Lovely!

Now for the fun stuff: What did I decide to wear?
Here was my thought process: I didn't know exactly what to expect, all I knew was that I wanted to look professional without looking too stiff, trendy without looking too young, bold without going over board, and fashionable enough to look "creditable". Here is the result:
  • a black button-less 3/4 length blazer- AzWell in Flowood,MS(semi/professional)
  • an electric blue sheer button-down blouse with a mandrian collar- JCP Worthington (Trendy)
  • Khaki cropped high-waisted pants-JCP Worthington (semi/professional)
  • black wedge oxfords-Madden Girl (an edgy fashionable twist)
  • red shoulder bag- St.Johns Bay (adds a bold pop of color that plays well with the blue)




 I got a chance to meet some wonderful girls today who are also interning for the company. They are all dressed completely different, compliments of their different regions, but each are very fashionable in their own way, which I love!


I am definitely falling in love with this city!
-Amanda Jane aka Thecoolest




No comments:

Post a Comment